Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/23/12 Elk Location Map & Report

The Ponca fields were the stars of the show today with 2 herds. There was a 3rd herd at the observation pullout, but it eventually moved into the Ponca fields. Generally speaking, the Observation Pullout is the worst place to view elk in Boxley Valley. Elk only go there when there are no other choices, and when they are just passing through.

Viewing was good but compressed by the summer temperatures. We will cool slowly through this week until the Color Fest this weekend at the Ponca Elk Education Center.


10/23/12 Elk Herd Locations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.