Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Morning Update -- Bull Elk Fight Today

There was a bull fight in the field just north of Smith Creek this morning. I wanted to get let everyone know that it is quite possible there will be another one tonight.

The setup is ideal. There is a smaller herd bull that has at least 3 satellite bulls trailing him and his harem. One bull is larger than the herd bull and they fought briefly twice. I think the percentages favor this happening again tonight.

If your goal is to see a bull fight, the stage is set about as good as it can be. Nothing is ever certain in these things, but the Smith Creek field on the south end is the best bet in a long time.

The updated herd map and report is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.