Saturday, October 6, 2012

10/6/12 Cold & Clear, Longer Viewing

Elk viewing was good this morning with herds in all areas of Boxley Valley. We now have a herd in the Ponca fields, one south of the observation pullout, and a third in the deep south end by the trailhead to the Upper Wilderness. There are scattered elk elsewhere.

Today at least the elk herd in Lost Valley was not out, but I think they are still there and might re-appear tonight. It is always worth checking Lost Valley.

There were many cars in the valley this morning.

See map below:


10/6/12 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley

10/6/12 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley near Ponca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.