Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10/16/12 Elk Herd Locations

Elk viewing remains very good. This morning their were 2 herds in the Ponca fields. They are very viewable. This is a multi day pattern now and pretty reliable.

For some reason elk have been at the pullout now for a couple of days. This is a notoriously lousy place to see elk, maybe a 1% chance. I believe this is due to the army worms and a narrowing of the available pasture. Any time there is a herd at the pullout, it will rotate into Lost Valley eventually. That is pretty standard so continue to check Lost Valley when you visit.

On the south end of the valley there were 2 herds this morning. 1 on each side of 21 before you head up the hill. That brings a total of 5 herds in the valley now. They were still visible at 9 AM, but that is about the limit for morning viewing.

Fall color is very good now and still improving.



10/16/12 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley, Ponca, AR

Elk Herd Locations 10/16/12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.