Saturday, October 13, 2012

Another River Elk Shot in Fall Color

This time it is up close and personal with a satellite bull and a cow. She has signaled him and he has responded. I got this "moment". Just moments later the herd bull ran him off.

Elk photos are more effective if you can capture the moments of interaction between them. This is affection, something many doubt animals have. Watching them over the years I am sure they do.

There is always a back-story. Part of the joy of taking elk photos is knowing the "story of the elk".

Satellite Bull Elk and Cow in Buffalo National River
A "Private Moment" During the 2012 Elk Rut

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.