Sunday, October 28, 2012

10/28/12 Elk Herd Locations

Below is the up-to-date elk herd location map. I had to take a couple of days off producing it because of Color Fest, and the free workshops I did.

Patterns have changed very little for about 2 weeks now. Lost Valley remains a good bet for viewing. We have now probably passed the peak of the elk rut, but rutting will be going on for another month in the second estrous. Elk viewing and photography will remain good for months. Remember the antler drop is not until April.

There was a good elk fight this morning in the Ponca fields, and it was the second in 8 days. Fighting is possible any time for a few weeks yet.

Here is today's map:

10/28/12 Elk Herd Location Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.