Friday, October 5, 2012

10/5/12 Elk Herd Locations & Update

Last night elk viewing was good, this morning the herds left for cover early because of coming thunder storms. Elk and other wildlife seem to know about coming weather well ahead of its arrival. Today was such a day.

The good news is that the herd in Lost Valley made another appearance this morning in the field in front of the Clark homestead. Another nice elk herd was behind the old Villines Store just south of Lost Valley. For the first time in a long time, there were no elk in the south end of the valley. I am sure they are there, but in deep cover behind the viewing areas.

The map for 10/5/12 is below:

Arkansas Elk Herd Locations in Ponca, AR

Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley near Ponca, AR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.