Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31/12 Final October Elk Herd Map

This morning there were 4 elk herds in Boxley Valley and straggler elk elsewhere. Some imagine that the rut is over, but it is only slowly tailing off. Elk viewing and photography will be very good for some time to come.  Tomorrow I will post an entry about how to think about this point in the rut, and it will show pictures taken in the past much later than this date.

Great action is far from over and it will extend until next year. In many ways the months ahead offer great opportunities to see and photograph the biggest elk.

This morning I had a pretty good shoot, but it turned out to be elk, a juvenile otter and a whitetail buck crossing the Buffalo. You never know what you will see when you visit the Buffalo National River. The elk were still out when I left the valley at 10 AM.

October 31, 2012 Elk Herd Locations in Boxley Valley, Ponca, AR

Final October Elk Herd Locations 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I do moderate all comments, so they will not show up immediately, and in some cases not at all. I draw the line at personal attacks (of me or anyone else), and irrelevant posts. Spammers, don't waste my time.

I may quote your comments without attribution. By commenting, you agree to being quoted in all cases, and for all purposes.